Monday 12 October 2009

The end of my run , right by vicky park before I turn round and go back again.
5 miles along lea navigation canal to Victoria Park. George Herbert said 'in winter every mile is 2'. On an October day like this,however , it is a skip and a jump.As the man with the dog that looks like a lion said Lovely day for it. Lovely day for what? Lovely day for anything really.
There is some truly rubbish graffiti along this stretch but this is ace.Its a shame I am too old to be able to read their names.I could say tags but that is probably what old people call them thus embarrassing myself further.
Its those taxis again but today they have brought their twins with them.I wonder if they are being left here to die or if they'll be fixed?
You can't really see it but this is where the workers from the factory/sweatshop? have their tea break.With a view of the Olympic cranes.
Empty boat.

One of these was upside down .
Lovely roundy bridge near Vicky park , just on the other side of the A12 i think.There is a very cute spaniel who live on this boat , he showed me his toy spaceship.It was very nice.A bit slimy though.
I wish there were more of these about.
Old boat house.
The Olympic park , this will be the media centre.Load of old cranes just now. Some people love cranes.I met a man once who had been in charge of cranes when Canary Wharf was built,he knew a lot about cranes but I have forgotten most of it , all I remember is that he came out of retirement to help build Canary Wharf.I think I would too.
This nice old factory was swarming with men in polyester brandishing clipboards.Nothing makes a person feel important like a clipboard.I think they are going to turn it into a load of really crap small flats and ruin it.
A smiley face made out of records , one for those boys who love their records and graffiti.
Under the A12 , suprisingly peaceful place.Bit stinky though , wouldn't want to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment